Calf shelters Overview
Redpath calf shelters are built both big and small !, we have buildings that provide shelter for calf rearers that produce more than 2000 calves per annum and others that just rear a dozen or so. The types of buildings will vary dependent on the size of the operation however typically the shelter is one of Redpath's 9.6m span or 8m span arch designs. These may be supplied with a 'roof only' type covering or have the side and end walls closed in with simple shade textile. Another popular option is to fit 'roll up wall blinds' along the sidewalls (or to one wall) of the shelter which gives improved control in poor weather.
Calf shelter - Basic specifications:
* Span / bay Widths: 6.1m, 8m, 9.6m, & 10.65 metres
* Post spacing lengthways: 3 metres between posts (excluding hi-tunnel design)
* Height to gutter options: 2.5m, 3m, or 3.5metres
* Apex height: Up to 6 metres
* Roof Ventilation Design: Available in single ridge or double ridge system on truss designs 9.6m & 10.65m
* Vent drive systems: Dutch high quality Ridder on truss houses
* Roof vent upstand flashings & end weather flashings: Yes included with roof vents
* Vent mechanism: Ridder motors and controllers, indirect Geared rack and pinion system if roof vented
* Roof cladding: Singleskin White shaded Durashade. Clear Duratough 210 micron 4 Year film (service life 6-8 years) also available.
* Wall cladding: Durashade or Reinforced Polyweave film, or shadecloth side
* Frame Guard Tape: Fitted to all roof members that touch the plastic
* Gutter design: Walkthrough Vee gutter, steel , gives easy & safe access to roofline on 7.6,9.2 & 10.65m
* Doors: Supplied on most models or as required
* Footings: Typically 1.25 metre deep x 0.450 diameter (soil type dependent)
* Wind load: Up to 165kph, greater if required
* Snow load: Selected designs are snowload compliant up to 50kg sq/m
* Installation: Yes nationwide including building permit application/processing. Kitset only also an option.
* Warranty: Yes, Redpath 3 Year silver series manufacturers warranty
Shade or Thermal screens
Insect / bird screening of ventilation systems:
Contact Redpath on 1 800 024 680 for more information or use the form below