Durashelter Pro-Rata UV warranty conditions:
Applies only when fitted to Redpath Standoffshelter buildings.
When installed on a new Redpath building project – Durashelter 5 year repair/replacement warranty “If it fails within the first 5 Years on a Redpath building – We’ll repair or replace it for free !”
Additional Pro-Rata UV warranty limitations
Warranty applies to: Durashelter™ covering that is fitted by the supplier or their approved installer to a Redpath building.
Warranty Period: Starts at time of cover installation or 90 days after the date of the material supply invoice
Warranty Cover: Materials and labour to repair or replace the Durashelter roof or sections thereof
Period of UV warranty: 5 Seasons
Durashelter 260 Micron Australia
AREA 1 Vic, Tas, S.A, NSW
5 seasons is a period of 54 months , including no more than 12 summer months and 15 winter months
Area 2 Qld, NT, WA
4 seasons is a period of 48 months , including no more than 12 summer months and 12 winter months
Warranty DOES NOT include any damage from the following.
- Wind speeds/gusts above 160kph, as these wind speeds are ‘extreme’ and likely to even cause damage to hard clad structures e.g. tin roofed sheds , barns etc. The wind speed reference to be used is that as recorded at the closest airport or official metrological site to the buildings location.
- For this warranty to apply – the building must have at minimum a windbreak shelter cloth fitted to the sidewalls (minimum down to header rail if feeding externally) along the full length of each sidewall + gable end sections closed in with windbreak or Durashelter film. Alternatively, the customer can build a suitably designed windbreak near the structure to provide the required wind protection.
- Extreme acts of weather e.g. Tornado, Large or unusually sized or shape Hail, Snowfall above 500mm deep, outside impact of flying debris, pest/animal damage are not covered
- Forces from other source: E.G flying debris (branches from trees etc that might cause initial puncture damage), Farm machinery, Fire, Ash, Malicious acts and Vandalism, etc are not covered
- Fair wear and tear, abrasion, elongation from temperature fluctuations etc is not covered by this warranty.
- Chemical attack of the cladding is not covered by this warranty E.G exposure to petroleum, fertilisers, chlorine, sulphur, based products including paints, cleaners, sterilizing agents, and localised outside sources.
- Any alterations or repairs made to the original cladding, building and or holding systems without the supplier’s written prior approval.
- Lack of maintenance requirements on the covers and clipping systems by the Client.
- Minor variations in diffusion, or plastic distortion which can occur naturally during the manufacturing process.
- The supplier shall in no event be liable to the buyer for loss of profits, or special, indirect or consequential damage.
- This warranty does not remove any rights that the customer might have under Australian law.
Procedure for verification of claims:
- A sample of at least 0,5 m2 from the damaged area of film must be sent for analysis and identification of the causes of failure to the manufacturer within 1 week from noticing a failure, including the following information: type of film, dimensions, production code, date purchased, date installed, kind and condition of structure, crop, pesticides used and their frequency, place where film failed, digital photographs plus the quantity of film (dimensions and amount of covers) that is claimed to have failed as well as any other information reasonably asked by the manufacturer.
- The manufacturer and/or the representative must be allowed to inspect the site, if required
- In case the inspection and/or analysis held by the manufacturer’s lab reveal that failure is due to the quality of the film, the above conditions of warranty will apply. Once samples and all information have been received – then Lab analysis will require up to 6-10 weeks as the film is manufactured and tested overseas.
- The user has the right to submit the film to an independent laboratory that will carry the necessary tests and its option on the cause of failure. Results will be available to both parties. The cost of such independent analysis is covered by the user (unless otherwise agreed).
- NOTE: In case of any failure or pending failure, user is responsible to minimise any damages that could occur.
For more information refer installation guidelines supplied with the greenhouse film or Phone 03 5441 8284